CLEAN EATING GREEN PANCAKES
- 1 banana
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1 heaping tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 handful of baby spinach leaves (use however much you feel comfortable with)
- 1/4 cup shredded zucchiniOPTIONAL (but recommended)
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon spirulina powder
- 1 teaspoon stevia (start with less & add more as needed)
- Shred your zucchini (courgette). You could also add some shredded carrot or beetroot.
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Add water as necessary to create a batter consistency. I used about 1/4 a cup.
- Heat your skillet or pancake pan, using coconut oil and add the batter either one at a time or a few in the pan at once once. (I chose to do smaller pancakes, but more of them for optimum tower height. hehe)
- Cook the pancakes for two minutes on medium- low heat (don’t set the fire alarm off like me!). Then flip and cook another two minutes. They should lightly brown on each side.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with coconut flakes, fresh fruit, cacao nibs, chopped nuts or seeds.
I recommend taking some frozen fruit and either putting it in the microwave (in a bowl of course) for 60 seconds, so the juices are released and it becomes a lovely topping. Or you could lightly cook them in a pan on the stove.
Tip: if you are using the spirulina, I do recommend adding the stevia, however if you don’t use the spirulina it should taste sweet enough. You could always replace the stevia with one or two medjool dates, a teaspoon of coconut sugar, or xylitol.
these look AWESOME
Blueberry Protein Ice Cream from KissMyBroccoli:
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 2-3 Tablespoons almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-7 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum for thickening (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
2. Place in freezer for 2-3 hours to set.
3. Serve with desired toppings